How to Find Us
Directions to Fonmon Castle
Warning – Using SatNav to approach Fonmon can cause problems. We have a unique postcode which does not ‘link’ to a public highway. Hence you may be told ‘you have arrived’ when you are anywhere up to ½ mile away…..
- From Junction 33 of the M4 follow A4232 towards Cardiff.
- At the first major intersection take A4050 following signs to Cardiff Airport. (The A4050 becomes A4226 north of Barry.)
- Bypass the airport to the north following A4226/B4265 towards Llantwit Major.
- Do NOT take 1st left, which is signposted Fonmon (the village), but continue under bridge for another two thirds of a mile.
- Follow brown tourism signs, firstly left towards Rhoose and East Aberthaw.
- Then, 100 yards beyond the top of the small hill, turn left again into Castle Road.
- Go over traffic lights and our lodges are at the end of Castle Road, with the gates on the left.
- IMPORTANT – PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ACCESS THE CASTLE VIA FONMON VILLAGE
Click on the Thumbnail below to download a Map and Directions to the Castle