- 1 tbsp olive oil
- knob of butter
- 1/2 bunch spring onion, sliced, plus a few extra to serve
- 1 potato, cut into small dice
- 1 ltr hot vegetable stock
- 900g frozen petits pois
- 1/2 small bunch of mint leaves
- 85g parmesan, very finely grated
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a heavy based pan. When foaming, add the spring onions and potato. Gently fry without colouring for about 5 mins. Stir in the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins or until the potato is tender.
- Stir in the peas, bring to the boil again, then cook for about 3 mins until they are just done. Remove the pan from the heat, add the mint leaves and whizz in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- To make the Parmesan biscuits, heat the grill to high. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and divide the grated Parmesan into 6 long strips. Grill for 1 min or until the cheese has melted and is lightly golden. While still warm and a bit flexible, release the biscuits from the baking parchment with a palette or cutlery knife, then cool until firm.
- To serve, heat the soup and divide between 6 bowls. Scatter with mint and sliced spring onions, if you like, and serve with the Parmesan biscuits on the side.